Helmar USA Design Guest Designer Submission

Hi Everyone,
I am really going out of my comfort zone here.   I regularly peruse the Scrapscene blog.  It's a great blog, they have almost daily postings about all that's going on in the scrapping world.  About a week ago they listed a Guest Designer Call for the Helmar Company.  It caught my eye because I had just bought my first bottle of Helmar's Premium Craft Glue a few days earlier at my LSS and had already been using it on two projects.  Good Stuff.  I am always on the search for a good liquid adhesive, I use a lot of it.
I decided to submit for the Guest Designer Call.   I figured what the heck, I already had started two of the three projects anyway and had the third planned. 
So, here are my projects.

The cover and a few pages from my 50th Birthday mini book. 
I used Helmar's Premium Craft Glue to adhere the papers to the book pages and to adhere the die cut letters and 50 to the cover.


Some of the organza flowers I made.  I used the Helmar's Premium Craft Glue to adhere all of the layers together.  I found that if I put a drop of it on the top and then pressed all the layers together the glue would adhere them together until I added a brad or beads for the centers. I also used the Helmar's Premium Craft Glue to adhere the leaves to some of the flowers.

For these next flowers I used the glue a little differently.  I cut a circle of the organza, applied a spot of glue and adhered organza strips in a spiral motion. Even thought the glue dries pretty quickly it stays tacky and flexible for enough time that I could manipulate the pieces of organza exactly the way I wanted to.  I also used Helmar's to adhere the seed beads to wire to create the stamens.












 My last project is a hanging home decor item that I made using a small wooden bird house.  The entire thing hangs about 26" long.

   










Some of the detail. The fence is approx. 2 1/2" X 4" and the birdhouse is approx. 4" X 4".

 









 










 I used the Helmar's Premium Craft Glue to adhere the papers and wood veneer to the birdhouse.  I also used it to adhere the die cut letters to the fence

Thanks for visiting. 
See you soon, 
Ang


Supplies
50th Birthday Book
Helmar Premium Craft Glue
Cosmo Cricket Blackboard mini book - Ethan
Sizzix Sizzlets alphabet dies - Wingo Zingo
Fabric - Joann Stores
Buttoned up #1 die - Papertrey Ink
Buttoned up #2 die - Papertrey Ink
Rustic twine - Papertrey Ink
Felt - Papertrey Ink
Fancy Pants - Happy Together collection paper and stickers 
Prima Madeline collection Skyward & Parsley Place papers
Bazzil paper green & blue
Thickers - Puffy Letters - Rainboot
Pink Paisley - Office Lingo paper line - Roundtable
Heidi Swapp Chipbaord frames - Grass
Tattered Angels Glimmer Chips - The Creme Collection
7 Gypsies - brown brads


Flowers
Helmar Premium Craft Glue
Organza fabric - Joann stores
Various brads
Wire
Seed beads

Bird House
Helmar Premium Craft Glue
Wooden birdhouse - Joann stores
Wooden fence - Joann stores
My mind's Eye - Abbey Road collection 
American Crafts - Blue Skies Paper
Creative Imaginations - Real Wood Sheet
Cuttlebug
Sizzix  letter dies - Fun Serif lower case
Plaid - Mod Podge 
Stampin Up - Irridescent Ice Emboss Powder
Various Beads and Buttons
Fishing line





Comments

Unknown said…
You go, Ang - love that 50th birthday book! Your flower work is amazing too.
Anonymous said…
Gorgeous work! Good luck! :)
godzoned said…
wonderful work. just love your flowers
Geri said…
Angela...wanted to thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. You have lots of lovely creations here, yourself! I love your little notebook, your PTI cards and your flowers. I love making my own flower embellishments myself! Your projects in this post are all great--good luck with your guest design submission!! Thanks so much for visiting me! Enjoy your new blog--mine has been quite a blessing!!
Clair said…
Those flowers are beautiful and you already know what I think of your amazing birdhouse. Good luck with the GDT submission - they'd be lucky to have you!