I hate to toot...

my own horn, but I love the way this set came out.  A friend of mine is celebrating her 65th (that can't be right, if you met her you might think she is late 40's) next week.  I am going to be on vacation next week so I am happy that I got this done before leaving.

I made this set of cards and a notebook for her.

my favorite, the notebook:




and each card:

flower detail



 
 
I went to the Scrapbook store for inspiration.  I came home with three sheets of PP from Basic Grey, Hello Luscious, to make these.  I have tons of PP left over.  Of course I also used a lot of my PTI favorites. 
On the notepad I clear embossed a new BG stamp on the cardstock and did some fussy cutting of the flowers from the PP.  I then added stickles and a few tiny pearls.
On the flower details you will see die cuts using my 1 3/4 inch circle and one each of the beautiful blooms dies.  I love layering them this way.
On the best wishes card I used my newish MFT mini rolled flower die.  I really like the way the flowers come out but I am still getting the hang of rolling them up and having them stay together.  This time I added a drop if clear glue down the center of them once they were rolled up.  Seemed to work OK, but I am not convinced they will stay in place.
 I want to make a tag to add to the gift package too.  If I can get that done this weekend I will post before I leave on Monday.


Thanks for visiting.
See you soon,
Ang

Comments

Kim O'Connell said…
Ang! Toot away! Well deserved! These are beautiful!!!!!
June K. said…
Wow, these are so pretty. You can toot!
corryskaart said…
hallo angela
wat een geweldig mooie kaarten heb je gemaakt,echt TOPPY!
groetjes van corry
Debbie Gaydos said…
What a lovely set, I'm sure she'll love it!
DF said…
Beautiful collection!