CR84FN37 and a Stick Pin!

I have long admired the color combinations they put together over at the  CR84FN blog.  Not only are the combinations beautiful but the images they put together for inspiration are gorgeous.  I decided to play along for this, the 37th challenge:
 Not only did the combo inspire me but the center photo reminded me of a piece of Authentique paper I had recently purchased.  Here is my take on the challenge.

I used my new PTI Daydreamer set on it.  I tossed around the idea of getting this set for a while.  I always loved the flowers but the sentiments weren't really my style.  I saw some folks over on the PTI forum sharing sets and decided to give it a try.  I posted for a share on this set.  It worked out perfectly;  I ordered the set and my partner ordered me some PTI gift certificates.  When I rec'd the set I sent her part off to her.  Win, win!

I also used my new PTI Little Labels stamps and die. This set is quickly becoming one of my favorites.  It is so versatile and the labels just seem to be the perfect size for cards.
I tried something new to me on this card; the stick pin.  I know people have been adding them to cards etc. for some time.  I love the way they look but always was afraid to use them for fear of hurting someone.  A few months ago I saw a blog (sorry, can't remember who) and the woman explained how she glues a bugle bead to the sharp end of the pin to avoid poking anyone.  I tried it and it worked great.

 If you click op the picture you might be able to see the bugle bead better.  The pin started out as a Maya Road pin with just the clear topper.  I added the teal and pearl beads.

I really am happy with how this turned out.

Thanks for visiting.
See you soon,
Ang

Supplies
Stamps: PTI Daydreamer, PTI Little Labels
Ink: PTI New Leaf, SU
Die: PTI Little Labels
Paper: cardstock PTI & SU, patterned paper Authentique
Misc: Coluzzle, Fiskars border punch, Maya Road pin, PTI ribbon, various beads, Cuttlebug embossing folder

Comments

WOW! What a gorgeous card. Love the colors, the pattern paper and the pin. All so lovely.
Mona Pendleton said…
Very pretty card Angela! Love the embossed layer and the beautiful soft shading around the flower! The bejeweled stick pin adds a touch of elegance! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)
Elena said…
I love the daydreamer images! And I agree that the stick pin adds elegance to your card - very pretty!
Marie said…
Very pretty card. The pin is the perfect touch. Thanks for sharing the bugle bead tip.
Terri said…
Very nice, Love the patterned paper and the stick pin too!
Bonnie said…
Love these colors and that pretty blue flower! What a great idea to share a set of stamps!
corryskaart said…
hallo angela
wat een geweldig mooie kaart,de kleur en ontwerp is prachtig!
groetjes van corry
Joyce said…
Great card. I love the colors, and the way you have cut out the Day Dreamer flower. I did the exact same thing with that set--I bought it and split it with someone who wanted the sentiments. That pin is awesome. Hey, I am wondering where you are in the Bay Area? I'm from SF (transplanted to SD).
Missus Wookie said…
Fun layers and textures - I like the hint to glue on a clear bead. Thanks for sharing that.
Sue Lelli said…
Angela, THX so much for the bugle bead tip! I, too, live in fear of hurting someone! LOVE your papers and the Beautiful flower centerpiece! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!
Deborah Frings said…
Lovely paper, ribbon, beaded pin and flower - such a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!