PTI's Make it Monday #27

  My largest order ever from PTI arrived yesterday.  Wohoo!  It was so fun opening up the box and putting together all my new stamp sets, including the beautiful Iconic Images.   I was waiting for the delivery to finish up my MIM #27 entry, another note pad.  This is going to be part of a set that I am making as a hostess gift for a friend. 


  It all started with this little hat.  I had this idea to make a little straw hat using the burlap that I had mod podged.  I used this stamp from SU's Garden from the Heart set.   Luckily when I stamped it on the burlap the flowers lying across the hat didn't show up. Wasn't quite sure how I was going to deal with them.  So I cut the hat out added some brown Copic around the edges to define it and added some tiny silk ribbon I had around it.











 The ribbon matched perfectly to PTI's Blueberry Sky so that became part of my color scheme along with Ripe Avacado , Kraft and Brown. Besides the SU stamps and an old Judith Stamps grass this is all PTI.  I used my new Garden Variety and Little Labels stamps and dies.


here are a few more details:


 I die cut the Mat Stack die #3 twice, once in kraft and once in Blueberry Sky.  I trimmed the Kraft one down a bit to add the BS frame.  Stamped with BB Tin Types.


 This shot shows some of my MIM twill.  I had a little trouble with this part.  I knew I wanted to used the tools but couldn't figure out how to place them.  I was happy with my idea to hang them from the twill.














 Alittle more of my MIM twill and my new Picket Fence die.  I ran my Kraft paper thru my CB with the woodgrain IP.  Then I lightly rubbed the die cut pieces onto my brown ink pad.  I also added a little clear crackle glaze.  Those are actually some tiny little eyelets, I have had forever, I used on the fence.  They are impossible to set so I just kind of taped them from the back.  That is why they are sticking out a little.







I am really happy with how this turned out.  
I will post the coordinatling cards and gift set when they are done.
 
Thanks for visiting.
See you soon,
Ang

Comments

leighann said…
Oh wow! Just love all your pretty textures, die cutting, and detail work on this beautiful card! TFS!
Karen C. said…
What a creative use of your stamps and dies. That hat is seriousoy cute!! And I love the way you've attached the little tools. Very creative.
Those eyelets add nice texture to the fence. Very creative. Cute project.
Leigh Penner said…
Okay, I totally love how it looks like the garden tools are hanging from the ribbon, just waiting to be taken off the wall and put to work! Fabulous!