Need More Creative Time...

Hi,
I have decided that working full time along with everything else I have to do just doesn't leave me enough time for being creative.  I would love to spend all weekend doing it but I would really miss my husband if I did that.  I have decided to dedicate one weeknight to crafting.  I will plan a quick and easy meal and then spend at least a couple of hours crafting.  Not sure why but I chose Wednesday nights.  So this week I decided to participate in MFT's Wednesday Stamp Club.  I really like thier sketches and who wouldn't want to win a GC from them.  I am finding myself spending more of my crafting budget over at MFT lately.  I like thier stamps but I really love thier dies.  They have a lot of really unique dies.
I used one of them on my card for the sketch:
Here is a close-up of it:

I cut two of each petal piece to make this.  The pieces have little tabs on them that, when glued, make the flower more 3D.  It is hard to explain.  Here is a link to this die.  They offer one or two more flowers using the tabs like this.  I just think they are so clever.

When I first finished this card I felt it was missing something.  It had too much white space. I decided it needed some text stamping on the background.  I really didn't want to take the card apart so I masked the Spellbinders scalloped circle shape and stamped some PTI Text Style over it.  I didn't press hard enough to get the stamps right up to the edge of the mask but I really like the way it came out.  I think it looks a little like a shadow behind the shape. (you may have to zoom it to really see it.)

 
As always, thanks for visiting.
See you soon,
Ang

Comments

Terri said…
Very nice. Love the flower. Glad you have scheduled some crafting time for yourself.
corryskaart said…
een erg mooie kaart met een geweldige bloem en de tekst vind ik heel toepasselijk!
groetjes van corry
Jen Adcock said…
Totally Folksy-fab! Love the bloom. Must trot off to see how to make one. Wonderful work once again Ang!