A Banner Fall

I have been working on this for a couple of days.  Just for fun.  I thought a little banner in my entry way would be fun.  I saw these little canvas flags at Hobby Lobby and the ideas started flowing.
 I have this mirrored coat rack in my entryway.  It is about 4 feet wide.
There are 5 flags total.  I used a lot of die cuts.  
I first cut the letters and covered them in glitter.  I started making flowers and then had the idea for the leaves.  I cut one leaf from burlap and put tiny gold beads around the edge and then cut the second one from paper and covered in UTEE.  The acorns are from a bunch I found on clearance at Joann's.  They look real, but am pretty sure they are not.  I first made this large leaf combo and realized it was way to big to add to one of the letter flags, so I decided to add a separate flag in front for it. 
 I then made a smaller one to add to the L flag.










 (oops.. there I am in my nightgown.  guess I should have taken the photos before I hung them up in front of a mirror.)



You can barely see it, but the first thing I did was stamp an SU medallion stamp very faintly on each flag.  Then layered die cuts, letters etc.


This was a lot of fun to make.  I'm already planning the next ones.  I have a cute snowman banner I made last Christmas for this spot, I think I am going to redo it a little and then on to the next season.


Thanks for visiting. 
Ang

Comments