Papercraft Star Challenge #165



Hi,
Today I am participating in the Papercraft Star Challenge #165.
Here is the inspiration:

The first thing to catch my eye in the photo were the vertical columns and the light green color of the building.  I wanted to play off those things and the orange color.
Here is my card:
 I learned something with this card.  Embossing even heavy cardstock really weakens it.  The green is a piece of PTI cardstock which is pretty heavy.  I adhered it with demensionals and then I noticed that the cardstock was really week and the edges were kind of caving in?  I had to go around and add dimensionals on almost all of the edges.  In real lfe it doesn't look lumpy like it does in the photo.  I think next time I want to do this I will have to adhere it to another piece of cardstock before poppoing it up to give it strength.

I added a strip of sparkle tape between the two green pieces:


If this card looks a bit familiar to you it is probably because I cased it almost exactly from an Ellen Hutson, Hello Monday video that Julie Ebersole (love Julie's personality) made a couple of weeks ago.  I was so taken with her card that I actually bought the stamp, something I hardly ever do.  I usually can find a stamp in my stash that works but I had been eyeing a similar stamp for a while and decided to go for it.  It is an Impression Obsession stamp.


See you soon,
Ang

Comments

Ros Crawford said…
Beautifully done ... you really captured the colours in that photo! Thanks so much for playing along at Papercraft Star